Tarkett's 2022 Color Forecast
Top Color Trends for 2022.
Tarkett’s product design team worked together to compile a list of this year’s up-and-coming color trends, inspired by raw, unprocessed materials found in nature. The new palette features warm neutrals, misty blues, and saturated earth tones that reflect environmental influence. We’ve identified a color for each month, and will be sharing a mood board and coordinating swatches that align with each of our forecasted colors – providing you with a recurring spark of color inspiration.
A BR number from the BrillianceSM Digital Color System is provided on each color swatch below. This online tool will help you quickly find flooring materials that coordinate with any color inspiration, no matter where you happen to be working. Learn more.
January | Green Resolutions
Different shades of green are popping up everywhere and our team predicts that the evergreen selection, “Green Resolutions,” will be one to watch in 2022. People have become accustomed to seeing green in soothing outdoor settings and are inclined to bring the same organic sensation into their indoor environments. This color works well with a variety of design styles and articulates hope for health and resilience in the coming year.
January Featured Swatches
- Composition Tile | Color Essence - 135 COLOR OF MONEY (Top Swatch)
- Powerbond Hybrid Resilient / Modular | Meadowsweet - Meadowsweet 11365 TEA LEAF 67504 (Middle Swatch)
- Rubber | Color Splash - HRTSP VJ5 1/8 24x24 Hammered VINEYARD (Bottom Swatch)
- Room Scene: Collections Infinies LVT: CONTOUR SERIES + TECHTONIC: MAREE (Atlantique) (Bottom Right Image)
February | Regal Plum
February's Color of the Month, Regal Plum, is an earthy red-blue that conjures up the feeling of winter light and shorter days. This gorgeous shade represents romance, power, and sophisticated luxury - the perfect addition to any design palette. With the combined effect of stimulating red and tranquil blue, users who experience shades of plum will be in the right headspace for insight and creativity.
February Featured Swatches:
- Modular | Meta Firma Collection - Skyward - Skyward G0058 SUN FLARE 52608 (Bottom Right Image)
- Luxury Vinyl Tiles and Planks | Victory - Magics VMG CABERNET 8011 (Top Left Swatch)
- Luxury Vinyl Tiles and Planks | Color Play - Color Beam SCARLET C111 (Middle Swatch)
March | Sandy Dune
Our March selection, Sandy Dune, is a callout to warmer days on the horizon. This comforting neutral brings up feelings of safety and relaxation while adding a bohemian flair to your interior spaces. Sandy Dune is a timeless hue that draws inspiration from the earth and serves as a grounding canvas for natural light.
March Featured Swatches:
- Luxury Vinyl Tiles and Planks | Adaptt - Woodlot PALE CYPRESS 2325: (Middle Swatch and Room Scene)
- Luxury Vinyl Tiles and Planks | Texterran PCTE PARCHMENT 10975: (Top Right Swatch)
- Tufted Broadloom | Dalvay 44066 SAIL CLOTH 02971: (Not Pictured)
April | Offshore Mist
April’s Color of the Month is here! Offshore Mist is a calm, reflective color that is associated with trustworthiness and tranquility. With a vast variety of tones, blue has always been a favorite amongst interior designers and individuals who are looking to incorporate mood-boosting qualities into their spaces. Long known for its tie-in to nature, this shade of blue reminds us of the ocean’s pull and the brightness of a spring afternoon.
April Featured Swatches:
- Composition Tile | Tarkett VCT II (Room Scene)
- Composition Tile | Color Essence - 117 JUST OFFSHORE (Middle Swatch)
- Composition Tile | Azterra - 110 ASSURO (Right Swatch)
May | Summer Wheat
With a mixture of yellow and brown, May’s Color of the month, Summer Wheat, is a testament to a golden evening in the sun. This earthy and tuscan-inspired neutral is a soft, pale backdrop that affords flexibility for designers and decorators. Select this easy-going beige to produce a cozy and welcoming interior environment.
May Featured Swatches:
- Homogeneous Sheet and Tile | iQ Optima - Optima GOLDENROD 0826: (Not Pictured)
- Homogeneous Sheet and Tile | iQ Granit - Granit SEA STONE 0772: (Left Swatch)
- Luxury Vinyl Tiles and Planks | Event - Classic Plank ECK NATURAL CHERRY 3241: (Middle Swatch)
- LinoFloor xf²™ | Veneto CARNELIAN 619: (Right Swatch)
June | Marbled Grey
Marbled Grey is a smoky whisper of grey that is reminiscent of crisp water and natural stone landscapes found in nature. This color is both reflective and a firm place to land. If you’re looking to add stability and relaxation to a space, include this neutral to provide a balanced backdrop.
June Featured Swatches
- Luxury Vinyl Tiles and Planks | Carrera - Carrera PCRA VENETIAN GREY 10061 (Not Pictured)
- Homogeneous Sheet and Tile | iQ Granit - Granit MYSTIC GREY 0782 (Middle Swatch)
- Luxury Vinyl Tiles and Planks | Indigenous Earth - Geogrid CGE SILVERMIST 4107 (Bottom Right Swatch)
July | Graphic Slate
Graphic Slate is an industrial, robust color that boasts of strength. Our July color trend predicts that this color will provide order and stability to the buzz of the modern era. If you enjoy futuristic and elegant spaces, Graphic Slate could be the perfect shade for you!
July Featured Swatches
August | Terracotta Clay
Warm tones are back! This month we are highlighting the saturated “Terracotta Clay,” a color trend that can make an impactful statement in your next design. This color is beautiful in rooms with plenty of natural light and brings a vibrancy and playfulness to any palette. Terracotta is a perfect shade selection for the subtle transition from summer to fall!
August Featured Swatches
- Powerbond Hybrid Resilient | Modular | GeoKnit 10887 AFGHAN 42720 (Left Swatch)
- Powerbond Hybrid Resilient | Modular | The Collective by DESSO - Fuse Create - Fuse B755 5102 (Middle Swatch/Room Scene)
- Johnsonite Rubber – Tile – Specialty | Johnsonite Color Splash - HRTSP VH7 1/8 24 X 24 Hammered Speckled SPICY CLEMENTINE (Not Pictured)
September | Seaglass Blue
While bold blues can appear playful, and green-gray can seem muted, this colorful combo, Seaglass Blue, shows that modern serenity can be accomplished through intentional color selections. September’s color choice is perfect for a healthcare or senior living setting that would require relaxation and calm. Many of our selections from the Renewal Series feature this shade as it pays homage to our environment’s natural beauty and its impact on the human spirit.