Setting New Transparency Standards
Revealing the start to show where we can go
When it comes to sustainability, we believe the truth is in the numbers. Because to create circular economies and better flooring ends-of-life, we have to know exactly where we’re starting. With radical transparency, third-party certifications and Proof in Every Step, our customers get confidence in every step. Our customers become our partners as we scale our impacts one sustainable carpet or vinyl tile at a time.
The Proof Behind the Words
We don’t just create eco-friendly floors, we create foundations that everyone one of our customers can stand tall on, knowing they chose floors with human and environmental impacts built in.
Ensuring Healthy SpacesOur commitment to healthy and sustainable floors starts with the materials we select. 97% of our 3,000+ raw materials are third-party assessed against Cradle to Cradle principles for human and environmental health (the remaining 3% are too small a sample size to assess).
Starting in 2013, we began releasing Material Health Statements (MHS). These disclosures show exactly what materials go into our products down to 100 parts per million and help us identify and eliminate any materials of concern
Public-Facing Planet ProgressWe choose new life over new materials. While 15% (147,000 tons) of our total raw materials came from recycled content globally in 2021, we are committed to reaching our goal of 30% by 2030 and transparently publishing our progress along the way.
Our goals aren’t for show. Our Scope 1 and 2 emissions goals are set and measured against science-based targets that support UN climate initiatives. While we continue to develop a plan to address our Scope 3 emissions, we are making great progress on our Scope 1 and 2 emissions goal of a 30% reduction by 2030. Since 2019, we have reduced our Scope 1 and 2 emissions by 27%.
To see a full list of our sustainability goals, download our 2022 CSR report.
Empowering the Next Step in the Value Chain
We design our products for every step of the value chain. Whether they were just installed or have run their course, we offer flooring solutions that deliver healthier environments and end-of-life options. With our floors, our sustainability story is the start of our customers’ stories.